Almost everyone has faced rejection or negativity. Whether it is a sales guru or a salesperson who is barely out of college – facing rejection is even more common in the sales avenue. However, the key is to make this failure is the main ingredient which gave them their Success. So the next time you face failure or rejection, Don’t give up, Don’t look back, Don’t let go. Keep your head held high and remember these few motivational sales quotes in order to face all the obstacles that come in your way.
Motivational Sales Quotes to Start Your Day
1. “Great sales people [don’t] have the ability to feel sorry for themselves.” ~ Barbara Corcoran
“Great sales people [don’t] have the ability to feel sorry for themselves.” ~ Barbara Corcoran
2. “Prospecting – Find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
3. “Begin by always expecting good things to happen.” – Tom Hopkins
you begin by always expecting good things to happen
4. “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation.” – Zig Ziglar
success occurs when opportunity meets preparation
5. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
6. “Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” – Jim Cathcart
9. “I have always said that everyone is in sales. Maybe you don’t hold the title of salesperson, but if the business you are in requires you to deal with people, you, my friend, are in sales.” – Zig Ziglar
10. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
11. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
12. “Every sale has five obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
14. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
16. “You can’t learn anything if you are doing all the talking. Sales people should always be developing their earQ, not their IQ. The only way to create a successful sale is to understand that knowledge from listening does not become power until it is used. And ideas without action are worthless.” ~ Harvey Mackay
17. “It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s about handling the opportunities right.” – Mark Hunter
18. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
19. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
20. “Poor firms ignore their competitors; average firms copy their competitors; winning firms lead their competitors.” ~ Philip Kotler
21. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
22. “Strategy is indeed about choosing what not to do as well as what to do. A business unit needs to decide what need it aims to satisfy in what group of people and with what value proposition that distinguishes the business from its competitors.” – Philip Kotler
23. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
24. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see that you have time to see them.” – Brian Tracy
25. “Authentic marketing is not the art of selling what you make but knowing what to make. It is the art of identifying and understanding customer needs and creating solutions that deliver satisfaction to the customers, profits to the producers and benefits for the stakeholders.” – Philip Kotler
26. “People don’t ask for facts in making up their minds. They would rather have one good, soul-satisfying emotion than a dozen facts.” – Robert Keith Leavitt
27. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
28. “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.” – Omar Periu
29. “Expect the best, Prepare for the worst, Capitalize on what comes.” – Zig Ziglar
30. “Value the relationship more than making your quota.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
31. “Sales is the most important aspect of a company, which in turn is about how well you treat your customer and stay ahead of your customer’s requirements.” – Mark Cuban
32. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
33. “The only question is whether you’re going to do it today or tomorrow. If you keep saying you’re going to do it tomorrow, you’ll never do it. You have to get on it today.” – Warren Buffett
34. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
35. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
36. “Internalize the Golden Rule of sales that says: All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like and trust.” – Bob Burg
37. “Treat objections as requests for further information.” – Brian Tracy
38. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
39. “Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.” – David Brooks
40. “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” – Zig Ziglar
41. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” – W. Clement Stone
42. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen Covey
43. “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
44. “No matter how deep a study you make. What you really have to rely on is your own intuition and when it comes down to it, you really don’t know what’s going to happen until you do it.” – Konosuke Matsushita
45. “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman
46. “What we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
47. “The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.” – Martina Navratilova
48. “Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops.” – Thomas J. Watson Jr
49. “A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.” – Mary Kay Ash
50. “Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” – Karl Marx
51. “If you work for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing, and always put the customer first, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
If these motivational sales quotes don’t get your blood pumping and motivate you to generate more leads and close more deals, then also you have nothing to worry about. We have some videos for you that will help you stay at the top of your game.
Inspiring Sales Videos
Amy Cuddy’s Ted Talk: Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are
We pretty much know already how important body language can be when it comes to selling. In her Ted talk, Amy Cuddy perfectly lays it all down and motivates you to do it in a better manner.
Inspiring sales quotes from the video:
“If you feel like you shouldn’t be somewhere: Fake it. Do it not until you make it, but until you become it.”
The video is placed among top 20 Ted Talks of all time – for all the right reasons.
Amy talks about various sales tidbits and gives some amazing pointers. She talks about how posing takes a crucial role when it comes to selling your product. Moreover, she brings home a piece of great advice: your prospects tend to evaluate your confidence and body language more closely than they evaluate your sales pitch.
Steve Jobs: Encourages You to Do What You Love
A list of sales quotes and videos would never be complete without including the maestro of sales & marketing himself: Steve Jobs.
There are so many videos and quotes by Steve Jobs on the internet that it is hard to pick one. However, this video is pretty inspiring, especially for sales professionals.
Inspiring sales-quote from the video:
“If you look at the ones that ended up being successful in the eyes of society, oftentimes it’s the ones that loved what they did, so they could persevere when it got really tough.”
In this video, he succinctly points out that the one who succeeds in life do so because they love what they do.
The Wolf of Wall Street: Start Dialling
The whole movie is actually filled with some great pointers for sales professionals. However, if you don’t have long hours to spare, this short, 3-minute video from the Wolf of Wall Street gives you a great kickstart to get started with prospecting and lead generation.
Inspiring sales-quote from the video:
“So you listen to me and you listen well. Are you behind on your credit card bills? Good — pick up the phone and start dialing!”
Shonda Rhimes’ Ted Talk: To Help You Push Past Your Comfort Zone
Shonda Rhimes’, a popular American television producer and the brains behind amazing shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away With Murder, encourages you to push past your comfort zone.
In this video, she narrates how for one year she said “yes” to just about everything. This was a way for her to get out of her comfort zone.
She also talks about how she is so passionate about her work that whenever she is working or in the “zone” or neck-deep in her work, she calls it a “hum.” In this Ted Talk, she helps people motivate about the things to do when they lose this “hum” in their professional life.
Inspiring sales-quote from the video:
“And a crazy thing happened: the very act of doing the thing that scared me undid the fear, made it not scary. My fear of public speaking, my social anxiety, poof, gone. It’s amazing, the power of one word. “Yes” changed my life.”
Summing it all up
I hope you are motivated to make your next sales call now. It is imperative to read such stuff regularly and watch videos that help you get through your busy day.
If these motivational sales quotes are not enough to pump your blood and get down to prospecting, then we have some more amazing quotes and sales advice for you. We recently rounded up some amazing tips and bits of advice from the best sales professionals out there. Read the article here:Top 20 Sales Tips And Quotes From Seasoned Sales Experts
Navaneetha, popularly known as "nav", loves to read, play badminton, play the keyboard and sing but when she's not doing any of those, she loves to write. What started as a high school hobby to write is now her ongoing passion. At AeroLeads, she manages Inbound Marketing and Social Media Marketing.